Jeffrey K. Liker
Coach for Lean Leadership
Biography & Areas
Dr. Jeffrey K. Liker is Professor of Industrial and Operations Engineering at the University of Michigan and President of Liker Lean Advisors.
He is author of:
- The Toyota Way: 14 Management Principles from the World’s Greatest Manufacturer, McGraw Hill, 2004 (26 languages, over 750,000 copies sold)
and has coauthored six other books about Toyota:
- The Toyota Way Fieldbook, 2005.
- The Toyota Product Development System
- Toyota Talent: Developing exceptional people the Toyota Way, 2007.
- Toyota Culture: The Heart and Soul of the Toyota Way, 2008.
His three books in 2011 are:
- The Toyota Way to Continuous Improvement,
- Toyota Under Fire: Lessons for Turning Crisis into Opportunity,
- The Toyota Way to Lean Leadership: Achieving and Sustaining Excellence through Leadership Development.
His articles and books have won eleven Shingo Prizes for Research Excellence. In 2012 he was inducted into the Association of Manufacturing Excellence Hall of Fame. He is a frequent keynote speaker and consultant.